Join the Club
New members are welcome to join the club or get started in orienteering at any time of the year!
Join Now! Download a membership form, fill it in and send it back to us. Its that easy!
Question's about membership? Our membership officer, Karen, is happy to answer your questions. Contact details are included in the membership form. Alternatively your can email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be part of the Auckland Orienteering Club Team!
- Discounted entry to club level orienteering events
- The club runs a number of social events each year.
- Skill development opportunities
- Members of the Auckland Orienteering Club are eligible for financial support for representing New Zealand at international level from the Nicholls Memorial National Representative Fund.
- Junior members of the Auckland Orienteering Club are eligible for financial assistance for attendance at training events and international event fees from the Junior Training Fund.
- Entry fees are paid for members representing the Auckland Orienteering Club, such as the Auckland Relays and Katoa Po night relay event.
- Access to the club resource library materials
- Access to orienteering training sessions
- Access to training camps
- Participation in event running
- Affiliation to the Auckland Orienteering Association confers the right to compete in the regional points competitions. (Others may attend events but are not "official".)
- Affiliation to Orienteering NZ (New Zealand Orienteering Federation) confers the right to compete in designated Badge events (national competitions) throughout New Zealand. Non-affiliates must pay a rather heavy one-day affiliation fee for these events.